Save the date: 15th Annual Injury Biomechanics Symposium will be held 5/19-5/21/19!
Symposium Mission: To stimulate and reward strong injury biomechanics research among students and recent graduates
- The Symposium offers a welcoming and non-threatening environment where novice researchers can receive feedback and support for their original work
- Participation from industry partners and sponsors provides networking opportunities for future careers
The Margaret H. Hines Award
The Dr. Margaret H. Hines award is presented to the best oral and poster presentations at the Injury Biomechanics Symposium. The award consists of a plaque commemorating the achievement along with a cash award for each winner.
Dr. Hines initiated the injury biomechanics research program at The Ohio State University over 20 years ago. She was still conducting this research when she passed away in January of 2004. Her research programs included:
- Head Trauma (1989-1993)
- Liver Trauma (1993-1996)
- Side Impact Trauma (1994-1998)
- Airbag Trauma (1996-1997)
- Shoulder Trauma (1998-2004)